CSDERUPLNL
HruboskalskoHruboskalsko

The Hruboskalsko is one of the best-known rock formations. It is characterised by impressive towers reaching up to 55 m and also by steep canyons. 

Bozkovské Dolomite CavesBozkovské Dolomite Caves

The dolomite caves with the largest underground lake in Bohemia.

Prachovské skály (rocks)Prachovské skály (rocks)

The Prachovské Skály nature preserve is one of the most popular regions in the Czech Republic. It is one of the oldest nature preserves in the country. 

Search

Significant religious monuments

Displayed here as sacred monuments are an assortment of the most interesting offered by Cesky raj to enthusiasts of historical monuments and the faithful.

Jenisovice

The Church of St. George built in 1728-44, with Rococo furnishings. The church was to have been connected by a linden avenue (the so-called Rohanka) to the rough chateau, whose torso is today a significant scenic element.

Dekansky urad Turnov (Turnov Deacon's Office), tel.: 481 321 179

Kosmonosy

Baroque Loretta built in 1704-12 (designed by G. B. Alliprandi) with central holy sanctuary - a prismatic chapel, surrounded by vaulted ambits. Some distance away from the Loretta stands an early Baroque bell tower (F. Carrati 1763) with statuary by J. Jelinek.

MeU Kosmonosy (Kosmonosy Town Hall), tel.: 481 722 735

Mala Skala

The Chapel of St. Lawrence built in the middle of the 19th century originally served as the chateau chapel. The reconstructed ecumenical chapel was festively opened in 1996 and then the Calvary was consecrated, the work of a Maloskalsko native, the academic painter Josef Jira, and a double-altar by the painters Vladimir Komarek and Josef Jira.

Open: upon request with Mrs. E. Pankova, Mala Skala 215, 468 22 Mala Skala

Mlada Boleslav

Congregation of the Czech Brethren ? A significant Renaissance building of the congregation of the Brethren, built as a triple-nave tribunal church in the years 1544-54 (M. Borgorelli). The interior is ornamented by graffito and stucco. Today is serves as an exhibition hall.

Sbor Ceskych bratri (Congregation of the Czech Brethren), tel.: 326 323 781

Mnichovo Hradiste

The Baroque Chapel of St. Anne from 1724 was rebuilt into a Capuchin monastery behind the chateau park. The interior with contemporary decoration is related to the Church of the Three Kings. Located in the church was a modern lapidarium of Baroque sculpture.

Zamek Mnichovo Hradiste, tel.: 326 773 098

Prepere (at Turnova)

Later Gothic Church of St. James from the years 1545 and 1557 with two, dissimilarly wide naves. Vaulted by groined crosses, in the key is a plaque with relief portraits. Furnishings from the 16th-19th centuries. Exterior, particularly the spire, was repaired in neo-Gothic style in 1871.

Dekansky urad Turnov (Turnov Deacon's Office), tel.: 481 321 179

Tip: In Nudvojovice, today a local part of Turnov, is the early Gothic Church of St. John the Baptist from the period around 1250. Emphatically purist restoration in 1894.

Rovensko pod Troskami

The Church of St. Wenceslaus built around 1350 the interior rebuilt in the 2nd half of the 16th century. Gothic elements are blended here with Renaissance. Next to the church is a half-timbered Baroque bell tower famous for its upside down bells.

The bell tower: year round daily except Mondays 8.00-12.00 13.00-17.00, Sunday: 12.00-16.00,
larger groups must make arrangements in advance at the parish office Rovensko pod Troskami, tel.: 481 382 226

Tabor u Lomnice nad Popelkou

After the Bozkov Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin (more in the chapter Baroque), the Church of the Transformation of the Lord built in 1703 and externally modified in 1836 is the second most significant pilgrimage site of the region. In recent years, it has been thoroughly rebuilt, together with the Calvary that leads to it.

Farni urad Lomnice nad Popelkou (Lomnice nad Popelkou Parish Office), tel.: 481 671 347

Turnov

The grandiouse triple-nave Cathedral of the Blessed Virgin was designed and founded by M. Hausknecht and completed after 1860 by B. Grueber. The interior, with groined vaults, has pseudo-Gothic furnishings from the famous workshop of the Sychrov Buseks. The main altar is decorated by precious stones from nearby sites.

Regular tours of the Turnov churches are arranged from June to September by the
Mestske informacni stredisko Turnov (Municipal Information Centre)
nam. Ceskeho raje 26, 511 01 Turnov
tel., fax.: 481 366 256, tel.: 481 366 255, e-mail: info@turnov.cz, www.turnov.cz

Velis

The Baroque Church of St. Wenceslaus with adjacent cemetery and rich sculptural decoration was built after a design by Anselmo Lurago from 1747-52. Nearby, in the cemetery of Velis hill, a cross of conciliation was planted in 1999 during a Christian ecumenical meeting.

Farni urad Jicin (Jicin Parish Office), tel.: 493 322 701

Vinec (at Ml. Boleslav)

The Church of St. Nicholas ranks among the most significant Romanesque religious objects in Bohemia. The current building was built around 1240. Valuable columnar portal decorated with figural motifs in the tympanum, also the interior has survived without any essential constructional encroachments.

Created 29.4.2004 15:48:36 - updated 27.2.2009 14:37:53 | read 8323x
 
 
Bohemian Paradise Association © 1992-2022  |  Antonína Dvořáka 335, 511 01 TURNOV
tel.: +420 481 540 253  |  info@cesky-raj.info
Liberecký kraj Královéhradecký kraj Středočeský kraj
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load